Missing a tooth? Missing Multiple teeth? What are you options? Bishara Dental of Houston can help.
HOUSTON, TX, UNITED STATES, September 6, 2017 /EINPresswire.com/ — At Bishara Dental, a Houston dentist in the galleria area, dental implants are often used to replace a missing single tooth or multiple missing teeth. Dental implants are the best way to replace a missing tooth, and they have become the standard of care over the old fashioned method of replacing teeth with bridges. Bishara Dental in Houston galleria area provides different implant options to treat the many different instances where a dental implant is to be used. The mouth is comprised of a multiple structures that come together in a complex way to perform demanding tasks such as speaking, breathing, tasting, chewing. The mouth is also a member of the body’s immune system and provides a front line defense against outside micro-organisms that enter the body thru the mouth. A single tooth lost cause a disturbance in such a system, so multiple teeth lost can cause major damage.
Dental implants are an alternative solution for patients who are missing one or multiple teeth or for those who can no longer wear removable dentures. Made of titanium, the dental implant itself acts as an artificial root for your replacement tooth.
Before the treatment commences, a thorough medical history is taken to ensure suitability. A 3D scan is essential to assess bone quality/quantity and to plan for the implant placement. A computerized-aided surgical guide is now a standard practice to ensure more accurate placement of the implant.
A local anaesthetic is administered before procedure begins. The dental implant is then placed into the jaw during procedure. The jawbone then naturally fuses to the dental implant over a course of approximately three to four months, through a process called osseointegration.
Once the jawbone is completely fused, a carefully sculpted replacement tooth (an abutment) is attached on the implant to support the crown, bridge or fixed denture. Full functionality is restored creating a natural-looking tooth that won’t come loose.
Benefits & Why Choose Dental Implants?
1. The process and consultation requires less appointments than with dentures.
2. More value for money than bridges and dentures as bridges and dentures usually require replacement whereas an implant lasts a lifetime
3. A permanent tooth replacement solution that poses no risk of moving or dislodging
4. May look or feel more like a natural tooth
5. Require less maintenance than dentures, once implanted
6. Easily incorporates into your regular oral health routine with brushing twice a day and flossing once a day
7. Assist in protecting the jawbone by preventing further deterioration
8. Less risk of cavities developing. Since dental implants are made with titanium and affixed with a crown, bridge or fixed denture, cavities cannot occur.
Unfortunately, this procedure is not recommended for smokers and for patients with weak or unsuitable gums or jaws.
Thank you all and come see us at Bishara Dental!
Dr. Mena Bishara, DMD
Dr. Mena Bishara
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire