May 18, 2015 — DC Mayor Muriel Bowser, DC Water, the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will provide an update on the proposed modification to DC Water’s long term control plan to significantly reduce combined sewer overflows to the Anacostia and Potomac rivers and Rock Creek. There will also be an announcement on local green jobs.
• Muriel Bowser, Mayor, District of Columbia
• John Cruden, Assistant U.S. Attorney General
• Shawn Garvin, EPA Region III Regional Administrator
• George S. Hawkins, DC Water CEO and General Manager
• Rev. Kelly Wilkins, Washington Interfaith Network
When: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 10:30 a.m.
Where: Fort Reno Reservoir, 3900 Donaldson Place, NW Washington, DC 20016
Visuals include the award-winning green roof atop DC Water’s Ft. Reno Reservoir.
RSVP: Confirmation of attendance is required for entrance to the facility. Media please RSVP to Pamela.Mooring@dcwater.com
Limited parking for media is available via the West Side entrance to the Fort Reno Reservoir at Belt Road, NW and Donaldson Place, NW.